Monday, December 25, 2017

Japan: Giraffe




















When I was younger, I really like giraffes. Not that I have seen a real one in person, but their long necks and cute baby calves amazed me. I would draw a tiny giraffe next to my name every time I write postcards or letters to my friends. Although I don't draw giraffes on my cards anymore, it would be awesome to order a stamp with my Postcrossing name and a small giraffe to use on postcards or Postcrossing meetups again.

Some fun facts about giraffes

1) A giraffe's neck is too short to reach the ground. As a result, it has to awkwardly spread or bend its front legs to reach the ground for a drink of water.

2) Giraffes only need to drink once every few days. Most of their water comes from all the plants they eat.

3) Despite being incredibly tall, giraffes still only have seven vertebrae in their neck, which is the same number as humans and most other animals.

4) Giraffe feet are the size of a dinner plate with a diameter of 30cm.

5) About 50% of all giraffe calves do not survive their first year.

What animal do you like most and why? :)





Source: http://www.discoverwildlife.com/animals/mammals/21-amazing-facts-about-giraffes-you-might-not-know
Postcrossing Forum - October 50 RR [mahora]
----- :: WalaGemini 2017/12/25 :: -------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment